Carpet Care Tips
Keeping your home healthy starts with clean carpets
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the best way to clean carpets will help you save time because you’ll use products that do the job right from the start and don’t require re-cleaning. Not only will products and services with the CRI Seal of Approval help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpets clean and looking great.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 12 to 18 months to remove deep-down, embedded dirt and grime. For premium cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats: Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters and spreads in the house.
- Take off your shoes: You can save wear and tear on the carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters: Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended in the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet and other surfaces in the home.
When it’s time to clean again remember, with Chem-Dry’s proprietary Hot Carbonating Extraction process, we clean for your health like no one else. Call today for a free quote.
Area & Oriental Rugs
Granite Countertop Renewal
Get In touch below. Ask Any Question or Start a Free Quote
Saturday, 8am - 1pm